Saturday, May 22, 2021
7:30 am to 4 pm
Pima Pistol Club, Tucson AZ
LATE REGISTRATION AFTER APRIL 15 WILL NOT INCLUDE A T-SHIRT
REGISTRATION CLOSES APRIL 22, 2021
You must be a member and logged in to view content.
Chapter Leaders if you are assisting, please register here.
This event has specific gear requirements, please review the details below.
When registering, you will order lunch; specify your t-shirt style and size; and indicate if you are interested in participating in a no-host dinner Friday evening.
TWAW Shooting Chapters, Inc. (TWAWSC) Arizona 2021 State Shoot is headed to the southeast corner of the state for the first time ever (in our seven year history!)
To network, learn new skills and be encouraged! This is not a shooting competition but a day of equipping, educating, empowering and encouraging one another. You will get to meet your TWiWsters from all over our great state!
WHO MAY PARTICIPATE:
TWAW members only. Membership must be current the day of event.
NOTE: Due to insurance requirements and facility restrictions, observers are not permitted on site. Attendance limited to registered TWAW Participants.
$75. This includes *lunch, range fees, an AZ State Shoot Commemorative T-Shirt (ladies & unisex styles available), some swag, and the opportunity to win amazing door prizes.
The Holiday Inn Express
ADDRESS: 11075 N Oracle Road, Tucson, AZ 85737.
RESERVATIONS: (520) 544-2100
GROUP CODE: TWAW Shooting Chapters
WEBSITE Holiday Inn Express Oracle Road
Lunch will be catered by Jersey Mike’s. During registration you will choose your sub. You may also choose the tub option (no bread). The choices are:
Menu Item #3 Ham; Menu Item #7 Turkey, Menu Item #6 Roast Beef and Menu Item #13 Original Italian.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Your **pistol, at least three magazines, an ***OWB sturdy, strong side holster (NO Serpa type holsters), mag carriers, a heavy duty belt and a range bag/backpack. (OWB = Outside Waist Band holster)
- Protective clothing:
- Sleeved shirts (crew neck type or kerchief to protect from brass)
- Long trousers with belt loops. Range appropriate shorts are permissible provided they have belt loops and are sturdy enough to support a belt, holster and gear.
- Shoes or boots that are comfortable and provide good support. There will be some walking between ranges and facilities.
- Hat, Visor or ball cap with a bill of some sort to protect from brass
- Protective ear and eye equipment required.
- 100-200 rounds of ball/practice ammunition (factory new preferred).
ARRIVAL INSTRUCTIONS, FORMS AND FIREARM CONDITION
- You may wear your holster, mag carriers and loaded mags to Check In, but your firearm MUST remain unloaded and cased until you are instructed otherwise. You will receive additional instructions at the morning’s safety briefing.
- Be advised that you may not carry concealed during the TWAW Shoot.
- SAVE TIME at Check In! Fill out these forms ahead of time and have them with you!
- Registration/Pledge/Welcome/Safety Briefing (7:30 am)
- Self Defense Practicals ~ Assigned Groups Rotate through Five Sessions
- Lunch & Prize Drawings (12:15-1:15 pm)
- Self Defense Practicals ~ Remaining Sessions continued after lunch
- Happy Trails (Send Off) (3:45 pm)
REFUNDS & CANCELLATIONS: Please notify us if you have registered and are unable to attend so that we can fill your spot with someone from the waiting list. If we are able to fill your spot, you may be approved for a refund. We will not issue refunds after April 22.
*You should bring the most powerful handgun that you can control. Typical calibers are .45ACP, 9mm Luger and .40 Smith & Wesson. Full size to compact semi-automatic pistols are preferred for many reasons, but you may bring a revolver if that is what you carry. (If you bring a revolver, bring speed loaders or speed strips.)
***You must have a proper strong side, OWB holster for your firearm. A proper holster means one that is expressly designed for your firearm, that holds it securely in place with NO CHANCE of it falling out made of rigid leather or kydex. (NO Serpa-type holsters or holsters where the trigger finger disengages the retention mechanism.) Holster must be secured by a belt held in place with sturdy belt loops.
Please check with your chapter leaders if you have questions.
- SAFETY EQUIPMENT
Eye and ear protection is required on the firing line and whenever otherwise directed by your Instructors.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE PROVIDED JUST PRIOR TO THE EVENT