- This event has passed.
Monday, Nov. 25, 2019 ~ 5:30-7:30 pm
Cost: $5 (plus applicable range fee ~ $10 if no range membership)
Signups close when filled or Sunday, Nov. 24 at Noon
Details here: TWAW Yuma November 2019 Shoot
Having the proper grip is foundational to shooting quickly and accurately. Come prepared to try a couple of new techniques.
We will begin in the classroom at 5:30 pm. Please leave your firearm and ammunition secured in your car until directed to retrieve, or bring a lock and temporarily store in one of the empty lockers near the range counter. (Please do not store them behind the range counter).
REQUIREMENTS TO SHOOT LIVE FIRE
In order to participate in the live fire portion, you must have:
- A CURRENT TWAW Membership. If your membership subscription is showing as expired or “on-hold” you must provide proof of payment prior to the shoot;
- Continued eligibility to legally posses a firearm in Arizona;
- Watched the TWAW Safety Video;
- Completed your range safety evaluation with the chapter leader; and
- Filed your emergency contact information form;
WHAT TO BRING
- Your cased firearm
- Minimum of 2 unloaded magazines or speed loaders
- 100 rounds of factory new ammunition
- Eye and Ear Protection
- Range Appropriate Clothing, including Cap
- Holster optional.
- (Please see Outdoor Shoot Required Shooter Equipment for holster specifications).
- Please leave your firearm and ammunition secured in your car until directed to retrieve. (Do not store them behind the range counter).
- Pay your range fees and ensure your range waiver is up to date
- Check in in the classroom and sign
- The sign-in sheet
- Your own TWAW Hold Harmless.
DO NOT UNCASE, UNHOLSTER OR HANDLE GUNS PRIOR TO CLASS UNLESS SPECIFICALLY ASKED TO DO SO BY YOUR CHAPTER LEADERS. NO GUNS SHOULD BE TOUCHED EVER BEHIND THE FIRING LINE.
FIREARMS SAFETY RULES WILL BE ENFORCED AT ALL TIMES
- Assume all guns are always loaded
- Never point the gun at anything you are not willing to destroy
- Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target (and you have made
the decision to shoot)
- Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
- Live ammunition (included in loaded firearms) is not allowed in the classroom.
- Firearms MAY NOT be uncased, unpacked, unholstered, or handled without direction of the Chapter Leader(s), Certified Firearms Instructor or RSO.
NOTICE: The safety of our members is paramount. If you fail to follow instructions and/or the rules of safe firearms handling, you will be asked to pack up your gear for the remainder of the event, and not be allowed to shoot with the group until the safety issues have been corrected with the assistance of a Chapter Leader Instructor or certified instructor.